The purpose of this category is to allow you to claim for direct costs incurred for the sole purpose of upskilling.
You can claim for business costs incurred in developing new techniques or skills within your industry such as;
- Tickets for events/meet-ups relevant to your industry e.g. networking events
- Online or in-person training courses
- Newspapers or magazines that keep you up with what’s going on in your industry
You can't claim for;
- Tickets purchased for a non-work person to attend an event with you.
- Tickets to a show that happens to be in the same industry as you but has been attended for entertainment purposes (e.g. a musical if you happen to be in performing arts)
- Cost of eating out if you are in the food industry and want to try different types of food